The ABLE Library is pleased to offer a summer reading program this year to all of our patrons. There are several ways to participate in our summer reading program. You can read a book and leave a short review (just a couple of sentences). You can attend a virtual program presented by NLS.
Download a Summer Reading BINGO card and complete to earn a certificate from NLS (or call the library, and we can send you a card):
Register for a program:
- Author Talk with Annette Bay Pimentel and Jennifer Keelan-Chaffins, All the Way to the Top: How One Girl's Fight for Americans with Disabilities Changed Everything (specially designed for K-5th grade but all are welcome): Saturday, July 22 at 1:00 pm
- Author Talk with Kwame Alexander, The Crossover (specially designed for YA and Middle grades but all are welcome): Thursday, July 27 at 7:00 pm
- Author Talk with Jenny Torres Sanchez, We Are Not from Here (specially designed for YA but all are welcome): Thursday, August 3 at 7:00 pm
Additional Summer Reading Resources
- National Federation for the Blind's BELL Academy is a summer program of Braille and non-visual skills instruction for blind children, with a virtual option available.
- Braille Institute's Youth Program - Summer Reading Program
- Perkins Library's PerKids monthly newsletter features fun activities, seasonal book lists, and upcoming events.